Monday, June 8, 2009

our silly....funnies!

I have decided I need to put Gabe's Silly comments on here so you can enjoy them as much as I do.

Gabe has always tried for the extra minute since FOREVER but now he has started negotiations, it's hilarious. A lot of times I will tell Gabe we need to do something first, like he wants a treat and I say you have to eat lunch first..... well as usual something I say comes back to bite me, as it usually does with this boy. Now if I ask him to do something he will say "No, Thomas Game first" or "treat first" and when I say no to that he will quickly move on to the next item that is on his list....cookie, muffin, trains....etc I think he's hoping to trick me, but we always tend to come to some compromise that will include lunch with the treat sitting next to him, I know I'm a push-over.

Sometimes when I am doing something and Gabe will come and ask me for a treat or help I will tell him I am busy and to wait a minute. While sometimes this doesn't happen willingly he ahs got the idea. Lately he has been telling the little girl across the street to "wait a minute" or "just a minute, I'm busy" I knew I must have said that a lot because he does but the other day I could have died with laughter when I asked him to clean up his toys because he wasn't playing with them anymore.... he simply looked at me and said "no mom, my fingers busy" and has continued to inform me that his fingers are busy and he can't pick something up or something crazy in that general area.

Then today, I wasn't feeling up to making lunch.... because I am lazy and because I was craving Chinese. So I got him a hamburger, fries and a drink.... I got a drink as well. I have this habit of like swirling my drink or shaking it before I drink out of it, I know CRAZY but I do, and I have no idea where it comes from I just do it. Well Gabe has picked up on this little trait of mine and while sitting across from me at the table, I shook my drink and while he was drinking his looked up saw me and then looked down at his own drink, stopped drinking it and shook his whole body, then proceeded to take another drink. He did that over and over.... I was giggling, trying hard not to let him know because then I only feed the fire but it was so cute and I enjoyed watching him shake his body with his drink in hand, I don't think he figured out the whole shake the drink not yourself concept but I figure by next time he will have caught on pretty quick!

1 comment:

Phil and Kelly said...

That is way cute Lynsey! It is so fun to hear these stories thanks for posting!