Monday, August 11, 2008

There's no place like home!


We got to spend the whole weekend with Granny and Papa! And since Gabriel was theonly grandbaby there this time, he got them ALL to himself, talk about spoiled! We got down there Friday morning and got straight to work on our quilts (Ashley and I) so Gabe went straight to Granny and didn't mind a bit, at first Gabe was afraid of everything, 4wheeler, swing, water, etc. by Sunday right before we left he warmed up great... Just my luck! We all had such a GREAT time, the cooking was to die for as usual and being able to just play all weekend was a needed pleasure. Today I think Gabe and I are both struggling being back home and not having granny or papa around to lighten the load! We got a ton of things done, I will put up my quilts later but I wanted to share some photos. Gabe went out with Granny to water and do yard work, so he helped.... when I saw him he had mud ALL OVER his face, butt, feet.... (2 INCHES DEEP) it was so cute so I snapped a bunch of photos, and later before we left sunday he got to eat a peach and it was SO CUTE he just sat there and ate the whole thing. We got so lucky to spend that time with my parents it was so nice. I had a OUTRIGHT BLAST to have my parents and best friend with me for the whole weekend! Kally an old friend from high school came out to see me, it was great we hadn't seen eachother for about 5 years and so she brought out her family and her husband it was so cool to rekindle that friendship and meet her kids and to have her meet my little boy! Anyways I will put up an entry of the quilts in a bit we got home at 3AM lastnight, or this morning depending how you look at it, so I am tired and lazy so I'll get those up later.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yep, I'm so jealous it's not even funny!